08 April 2012

Six Years!

Six years. Six wonderful, crazy, topsy-turvy years. It seems like only yesterday Sweetheart and I were getting off the plane in Mazatlan to begin our honeymoon and our life together. I remember the tour boat guide from our moonlight cruise around the bay. He couldn't speak english, but he figured out pretty quick that we were newlyweds. Something about the way we couldn't keep our hands off each other. He kept spotlighting us and hollering "Coochy coochy coo!" The other passengers loved it and it's still a joke between us. Six years later and we still can't keep our hands off each other.


So much has happened - some bad, most good, some great. Not a lot of people know she came home from a trip three weeks after we got back from our honeymoon and said she wanted a divorce. Seems several of her colleagues had worked hard to convince her she would never be avle to manage a marriage in her industry. And since we were both traveling so much, she was so stressed out she believed them. She cried, I got mad, I thinks I cried too actually. At some point we decided we would just make our own reality. And wow, what a reality!

Before we were married, our pastor gave us some great advice. He told us to remember that even if we yelled at each other, that was still communicating, and that's the crucial point. We haven't yelled at each other in several years, but we still hold free communication as our gold standard. People think we're odd because we are so wrapped up in each other. We think everyone else is odd because they're not so wrapped up in each other. But, hey, to each their own.

Since this blog is mostly about them, I won't even mention the two incredible kids we produced. But I will say, we produced some beautiful little critters.

Six years, wow! It's so hard to remember life without my love. Now we're a little older, a lot busier, and a wee bit fatter, and I wouldn't change a thing. I don't know what the years to come hold. All I know for sure is that I'm hoping for at least another sixty.


Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart! I love you!