10 April 2012

Thump, Thump...

Thump, thump, thump...

Sweetheart and I are sitting at the kitchen table enjoying our first cup of coffee together when we hear it.

Thump, thump, thump...

Furball jumps up from his comfy spot on my feet and runs for the stairs.

Thump, thump, thump...

We wonder what's coming. Yesterday was a bad day. Lots of trouble, lots of time-outs, lots of crying. There are 13 steps. With each thump, we wonder.

Thump, thump, thump, thump...

I forgot to turn the light on at the bottom, but as I peer into the darkness, I hear a swishing and rapid pitter-patters as something runs toward me.

And then she appears, running out of the darkness straight into my arms!

Happiness!

Excitement!

Joy!

Love!

My Princess is awake and smiling in my arms.

The day may now commence, and regardless of what it brings, it will be a GOOD day!