26 July 2012

3 Days to Go

Today was a fairly uneventful day in my countdown. I had tea with the Princess and got head butted by the Little Man. The most interesting part of the day was when I started to tell the Little Man to stay away from the Furball's water bowl and did a double-take as I realized he was washing one of Sweetheart's bras in it. I'm not exactly sure how he got ahold of the bra, or why he was stuffing it into the dog's water bowl. But I'm guessing he was expressing discontent with his recent weaning. I managed to snap a picture, but I'm afraid something bad would happen to me if I posted it, so I'll leave it to your imagination.

The funnest part of the day, by far, was discovering that my son finally enjoys being read to. I've missed that. I used to read Dr. Seuss' The Sleep Book: 50th Anniversary Edition (Classic Seuss), which is fondly called the yawning book around here. Now there's one that will prove your manhood. Get all the way through that book each night without passing out, and you know you're a real man! But Princess stopped letting me read to her about a year ago, and the boy just wanted to eat the book. But tonight he let me read to him and he got so excited! It was a blast! I read him Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Sitea book about construction equipment and he was jumping up and down as I showed him all the machines.

It made for a good day.