02 December 2012

It's Her Birthday!

It's my Sweetheart's birthday. So we've kind of been celebrating all weekend. Especially since our church had a Parent's Night Out Friday, which meant we could actually relax and watch a movie. Keep in mind, we don't ever get to see a movie unless it's at Red Box and the kids are passed out - and we still have energy to sit up long enough to watch one. I don't remember the last time I was in a theater.

Now, of course, since it's her birthday, I told her we could watch anything she wanted. I told her I would even sit through a sappy chick flick with her. She said, "You make that sound so bad." To which I replied, "Of course I do! It's required by law for men to object to chick flicks - especially the sappy romantic comedies."

She wasn't amused.

Which meant that on Friday, I had to sit through the "Five Year Engagement."

"Oh Dear Lord, I prayed, please take me home now so I don't have to watch the rest of this movie!"

That was my prayer after about fifteen minutes. It had to be the worst movie I've ever seen. It was SO bad, Sweetheart even apologized for picking it.

YES!

Any time your wife feels guilty without you saying anything, is a good time. It's like a blank check  Of course, that works the other way to, but that doesn't matter, because it means that tonight I get to watch a "Prometheus" and see aliens and gore and action! HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh, dang - kind of got carried away there. Oh well, it's off to the movies.

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!